Women in Corporate Aviation Celebrate Growing Mentorship Program’s First Anniversary
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fl. – March 3, 2017 – This past February marked the one-year anniversary of Women in Corporate Aviation’s new Mentoring Program, announced Rachel Borsa, WCA Mentor Chair and pilot on the LJ45 for JetSet Aviation.
According to Borsa, since its launch, the mentoring program has created 14 mentor/mentee pairs, with a goal to double that number this year. “New mentees and mentor are matched according to a very specific set of guidelines,” Borsa said. She explained that mentorship participants come from a wide range of aviation backgrounds, including pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, dispatchers and aviation management.
The following details describe the features and requirements of the WCA Corporate Aviation Mentoring Program:
- The mentor and mentee commit to a one-year time frame, and both of them must be dues-paying WCA members and contributing professionals within the aviation industry.
- The mentor/mentee set guidelines and goals for their individualized mentoring program, including development goals list (such as NIFA, safety programs, attending professional conferences, etc.).
- The mentor and mentee communicate at least once a month.
- Mentors and mentees participate in conference calls as well as author blog posts about the program and its progress.
- Mentors and Mentees provide periodic feedback about the program and complete an end-of-program survey.
This past January 23rd, the WCA held its inaugural Mentoring Conference Call to offer its mentorship participants the chance to network as well to share feedback on what it’s like to work in corporate aviation. The next call is scheduled for mid-April.
To become a mentor or mentee, please complete the forms on WCA’s website at http://www.wca-intl.org/mentor.html (or click the “Mentor” tab on the home page).
About Women in Corporate Aviation
WCA is a premier 501(C)(3) non-profit premier mentoring association for professionals in corporate and business aviation. Providing networking, mentoring, scholarships and educational opportunities for current and future corporate/business aviation professionals, WCA offers both individual and corporate memberships. http://www.wca-intl.org.