Women in Corporate Aviation Announces Inaugural TAG Aviation Scholarships
SOUTHAVEN, Miss. – January 10, 2017 – To celebrate its 10-year anniversary of providing global pilot and cabin crew training, TAG Aviation has selected Women in Corporate Aviation’sscholarship program (WCA-intl.org) as a means to launch two inaugural scholarships. Current WCA members – age 18 and older – are encouraged to apply for the scholarships now through March 26, 2017.
TAG Global Training division is the approved training facility for TAG Aviation as well as some 70 other companies globally.
Both of the following UK-based training courses meet European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations:
- EASA Ground School Pilot Training Scholarship (Value £1815.00) includes a 5-day training program at TAG’s training center at its UK-based Farnborough Airport location. The classroom curriculum includes: Fire and Smoke, First Aid, Security, Wet Drills, Safety and Emergency Procedures, Crew Resource Management and Survival. The online courses include: Dangerous Goods and Winter Operations.
- EASA Cabin Crew Attestation Scholarship (Value £700.00) includes a 5- or 7-day course at TAG’s training center at its UK-based Farnborough Airport location. The recipient will attend the UK CAA-approved EASA Attestation training course to gain a Cabin Crew Attestation.
Following WCA’s March 26th application deadline, the scholarship recipients will be notified one month later. The scholarship awards ceremony will be held at WCA’s annual member breakfast on Tuesday, May 23, during the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva, Switzerland. Sterling Global Aviation Logistics will sponsor a free entry ticket to EBACE for the scholarship winner.
WCA scholarship rules and information:
- View the scholarships at: http://www.wca-intl.org/schola
- Applicants must be current, dues-paying WCA members and 18 years or older. To join or renew your WCA membership, visit: http://www.wca-intl.org/join-w
- To view the scholarship application, login at http://www.wca-intl.org
- Applications must include a 500-word essay, two letters of recommendation and certificates, transcripts and résumés, as applicable.
- WCA is not responsible for housing, transportation or other associated fees.
- The awards must be used within one calendar year.
For questions not addressed on the WCA website, email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Women in Corporate Aviation - WCA is a premier 501(C)(3) non-profit premier mentoring association for professionals in corporate and business aviation. Providing networking, mentoring, scholarships and educational opportunities for current and future corporate/business aviation professionals, WCA offers both individual and corporate memberships. http://www.wca-intl.org.